Monday, January 14, 2008

Looking Forward

So here I am thinking about what the future holds. I'm in my last semester of school. I have up until this point not given it too much thought, but as I have begun this first few weeks of this semester it has become more and more real the fact that in three short months I will be graduating. It's exciting, thrilling, .....terrifying. I, like most, have no idea what I am going to be doing as my school career comes to an end. I've always had this torn feeling about the idea of being able to support myself as I enter this big scary world and yet still love what I'm doing. I understand that it is important to provide for one self and pay the bills and such. I just don't want to, and I've seen many fall in this trap, find a job that I despise just so that I can make money. I don't understand why this must be my destiny as a working man. Can I not follow my dreams and still contribute to this world as a member of society. I still want to believe that it is possible. Maybe it is my naivety as one who has yet to enter this phase of my life. I guess we will see, but I hope that my dreams can outshine my fears.

No comments: