Friday, August 22, 2008

Laughter

So I was feeling a little down today. Circumstances of life taking their toll. As I was sitting here somewhat discouraged and feeling sorry for myself I heard a couple talking. I couldn't understand at all what they were saying for, you see, they were speaking another language. Despite this lack of understanding my spirits began to lift. As the couple was talking they kept laughing. It's like they had forgotten about everything else and were just enjoying the company of one another. I thought about it. Laughter. What a way to melt away discouragement. No matter what life throws at you it seems that laughter can help you forget. Forget in a positive way. Forget that life is hard and broken. It allows you to see the light of life. So here's to laughter. Think about a time in your life that caused you to laugh out loud. A time when you smiled so much it made your face hurt. It's ok. Go ahead. Take a break from it all and just let it out.

No comments: