Friday, April 11, 2008

The man with the crooked face.

I once met a man with a crooked face.
It was the strangest thing I had seen any place.
I asked sir why is it that your face turns that way.
He said, son, sit down and I'll tell you a story today.
I once met a man with a crooked face.
It caused a commotion all over the place.
It made some people laugh and some people cry.
It made some people angry while others chose to die.
However, this man's face, unlike mine was bloodied and bruised.
For His love the majority of the people refused.
He saved me from a fate that I rightfully deserve.
So now He is the one that I faithfully serve.
Everyday I get alone and with Him I meet.
I find my only spot on my face at His feet.
So you see that is why my appearance is as such.
It is because I am on my face so much.
Now my voice may be warbled and I've slowed down my pace.
But I'm delighted to be known as the man with the crooked face.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

John,

I appreciate how you express the ways we ought to live our lives. "He was despised and rejected among men. A man of sorrow and acquainted with grief."